Thursday, July 21, 2011

She Had An Amazing Sense Of Touch

Luke Ford writes: The main teacher in the movie and play The History Boys said his touch of his students was more benedictory than exploratory.

I’ve never been able to forget that phrase.

Some people just have an amazing sense of touch and others just feel creepy. It has nothing to do with how hard or light the touch is. It has everything to do with who the person is.

A contracted person is going to have an icky touch. A person without undue contraction is going to have a beautiful touch.

I knew this plain woman who was very annoying, but she had an amazing sense of touch, and whenever she hugged me goodbye, I tingled. 

I discuss the weekly Torah portion with Rabbi Rabbs every Monday at 7pm PST on my live cam and on YouTube. Facebook Fan Page. This week we study Parashat Pinchas (Numbers 25:10-30:1).



No comments: